Newlyn Court Care Standards
When choosing a nursing home it is important to make the right choice first time. Most people are doing it for the first time and may find the following list of questions helpful.
- Is the home purpose built to ensure compliance with the CQC Standards?
- Is there a regular programme of activities aimed at both group and individuals?
- Do bathrooms have disabled aids to help with access to baths?
- Will the home ensure a General Practitioner is able to attend the resident on a regular basis?
- Is there an open policy with regards to visiting, and can visitors take meals to their relatives
- Can residents take their own pictures and furniture to personalise their bedroom?
- Do bedrooms have full en-suite facilities?
- Does the home have a visual and spa therapy facility?
Newlyn Court can answer yes to all of these questions and many more.
Reviews and assessments
The CGC have reviewed us and the assessment is below. Please read the report to understand the nature of their findings and be assured we are working with them to resolve.
Please also consider the reviews of relatives and close friends who have entrusted us with the care of their loved ones.
Dementia can be difficult for the family and to help we have family forum and dementia friends coffee mornings. More details can be found in our Family Forum leaflet
We also like to share our approach to preventing pressure sores as these can be a problem if not managed well. More details can be found in our Pressure Injury leaflet